Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New thousand ten

Update time!

It's been a rather busy month I must say for all of us, and by us, I mean homebased and the Ottawa rap scene in general. Lots happening, lots of new year buzz in the air, lots of talk of big things to come blah blah blah. This year more than ever has already promised some high end releases by some of my favourite local artists including Flight Distance (myspace.com/flightdistance), Stopwatch Gang (myspace.com/stopwatchgang), Jesse Dangerously (myspace.com/jessedangerously) and more! But one in particular has me all gassed up.. Kool Krys' album "Perfume". If you have ever had the chance to meet Kool Krys in person, you instantly recognize her attention to you as an individual and more importantly, a fan. She is a great friend of ours and equally a great inspiration to the level of drive and attention needed to shine through the foggy abyss. I (dynamo NP), am honoured to be featured on Krys' album on a song called "I'll be around" (koolkrys.bandcamp.com) and I am stoked to be part of a record that also features the likes of Ghettosocks, Jesse Dangerously, Eternia and the man behind the boards Bigg Bix!
Now, to hop off of Krys' dick (figure of speech, of course) for a minute, the reason I am plugging this is to help her promote her album release party slated for Saturday, February 20, 2010. This event is taking place at Babylon Nightclub, 317 Bank St. The homie Ghettosocks, will be in attendance and sure to break the roof off as per usual, as well Dee Jay Frame will be manning the wheels o' steel. I STRONGLY recommend you check this out and support someone so passionate about what they do. She will love you forever, trust me!
Okay, Homebased time. We've been steady building the new record up, writing, writing and more writing. Kane has been beat banging, beat banging, sleeping and beat banging. Now, believe me when I tell you this...dude, this record is going to be RIDICULOUS. We're about half way through it now, and we've blown ourselves away with the overall look/feel of it so far. I know a lot of people will say their shit's the best and you haven't heard nothing yet and bladda bladda, but for really real, you haven't heard Homebased like this before. Kane's beats are just...are just...what we need. I don't know how he does it to be honest. Anyway, before this drags on any longer than it should, look out for us, look out for the dudes I mentioned above, look out for Krys' new record.
March 10-14 we will be performing at this years Canadian Music Week. Happy upcoming birthday to the big homie Newsince, Frame, Ath and anyone else celebrating. More to come.

-Busy

No comments:

Post a Comment